Friday, August 31, 2012

Honeymoon!!!

We didn't go on our honeymoon right away, we waited until my sister went into labor with our niece Halle Marie Lafontaine. (I'll talk about that in my next blog) We drove all they way to Beaverton, Oregon for our Honeymoon! It took us a day to get there and about two days to get back. We made a few stops on the way through California and had a blast! 
Our first stop was at the General Patton Museum in California, just passed the Arizona boarder. It was pretty cool but I think Isaac appreciated it more than I did. I liked seeing the Vietnam wall as my father is Vietnam veteran. After that stop we continued on our journey through California. There were some beautiful areas of California and some not so pretty spots. We mostly just drove on through, only stopping for a potty break here and there. 

Driving through Sacramento, CA heading into the mountains... What a gorgeous view that was. We drove north and through Shasta Mountain in the middle of night/early morning. We had to stop to nap because Isaac didn't like my driving! LOL he couldn't relax and sleep while I took the wheel. But...What can I say. :)




Long road trips tend to affect your sanity after awhile! LOL 





Welcome to Oregon! Nice green trees and it was actually sunny when we got there! We drove through Salem, OR where I got to show Isaac some of the hotspots I used to frequent when I was living there, including my old work. It was fun to remissness. After driving through Salem we headed back north up the I-5 towards Beaverton, OR. We made it and checked into our hotel that was within walking distance to my sisters house. At this point we were playing the waiting game for Miss Halle to show up. 

The night we arrived we went down to the harbor in Portland, OR to get some dinner and walk around. It was so beautiful at night and we really enjoyed it! 
Isaac loved Oregon! The next couple of days we enjoyed our new niece before resuming our honeymoon. We dove to the Oregon coast hit a few cool scenic spots along the way and a couple of places along the beach stopping at Moe's restaurant for lunch. (mmmm clam chowder!)  It was cloudy and drizzly but just what Isaac loved! We had a great time walking along the beach and looking at the sea lions. On the way back we drove through Monmouth & Independence, OR where i grew up. It was very fun to share with Isaac a little piece of my childhood and show him where I used to live, go to school, where I used to hang out, etc...
The next day/stop was Multnomah Falls. These waterfalls are truly amazing and gorgeous! It was a long hike up to the top but we made it! We enjoyed the exercise and the views!
Yup...We went all the way to the top of this bad boy!
All the way at the top. This is the water fall spilling over!

They built a platform out over the falls so that you could look down! It was quite a site! We were so proud of ourselves for making it to the top! But man were we sore!!!!

Back down at the bottom and totally soaked! The rain combined with the mist from the falls it was quite wet! LOL But it felt so good after that hike!

We did it!!!



We spent a few more days in Oregon spending time with family and our new niece then started our long journey back home. The drive back to Arizona was a lot harder then the drive to Oregon. I think it was because we were so tired from our vacation that we didn't do as well in the car. We were able to stop in Weaverville, CA to spend the night with Isaac's Aunt Cindy and visit with them for a little bit. We also stopped at a restaurant for a couple hours for lunch and souvenirs. We finally made it back to Arizona in one piece and still happily married. LOL :P





No comments:

Post a Comment